We began our day with a homemade breakfast (covered in maple syrup), hot coffee and the sun shining bright. How could it get any better?! We were a well oiled machine cruising through Quebec, enjoying the views and people along the way.
Highlights of the day:
– enjoying most of the afternoon in a beautiful park
– playing a soccer game with the leaders and most of the students in a thrilling match up between Alberta and Quebec. We ended the match tied up at 2.
– the students thought we had 15km from the park to our destination, so they were pleasantly surprised when it was only 3km!!!
– meeting and learning important life lessons from Heather White (actor, Mohawk Girls).
– staying up late to teach the Quebec group volleyball
– sleeping beside the St Lawrence River in a tent