Reblog from our Quebec Exchange Group’s School Blog.
This TWVTrip has 10 youth and one teacher from the Morley First Nation on route to Quebec with Rick, Sasha and Jonny from Two Wheel View. In Montreal they will meet up with Anne-Marie, coordinator of the brand new TWV Montreal, and 9 students from Montreal and bike the famous Route Verte in Quebec. In June the Quebec group will come to Alberta and the entire team will ride from Calgary to Banff. Thanks to YMCA Youth Exchanges Canada for their support of this opportunity.
Bienvenue à Montreal!
Highlights of Day 1
– excitement of getting on an airplane for the first time
– having time to explore the airport
– we got picked up at the Pierre Elliott Trudeau International airport by a “fancy” bus
– Montreal is HOT HOT HOT
– the view is actually beautiful at night!
– we could hear the cheers for the Habs following the win at the Bell Centre
– the accommodations are cozy but hot!
– we are quickly being immersed in the French culture